F, b. November 1646, d. 24 June 1732
|Father||Robert Drouin b. c 6 Aug 1607, d. 1 Jun 1685|
|Mother||Anne Cloutier b. c 19 Jan 1626, d. 3 Feb 1648|
Jeanne was born in November 1646 in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada. She was christened there on 5 February 1647 in the Basilica of Notre Dame.1 Jeanne married Pierre Maheu on 10 November 1659 in Riviere-Ouelle, Kamouraska County, Quebec, Canada, at the church of Notre-Dame-de-Liesse.2 1666, Jeanne and her husband, Pierre, were listed on the Canadian Census in Comte de Montmorency, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Pierre Maheut, a weaver [32 years], Jeanne Drouin [19 years] & Marie [3 years].3 1667, Jeanne and her husband, Pierre, were listed on the Canadian Census. Enumerated in this household were Pierre Maheust [34 years], Jeanne Drouin [20 years], Marie [5 years] & Charles [14 months]. They had property consisting of: 4 cows, and 10 arpents of land under cultivation.4 1681, Jeanne and her husband, Pierre, were listed on the Canadian Census. Enumerated in this household were Pierre Maheu [57 years], Jeanne Drouin [34 years], Charles [15 years], Pierre [12 years], Angelique [10 years] & Jeanne [6 years]. They had property consisting of: one gun, five cows and had 25 arpents of land under cultivation.5 By the early months of 1717, Pierre and Jeanne had retired to the home of their daughter Jeanne and her husband Paul Balanger at Beauport.6 Jeanne's husband, Pierre, died on 12 May 1717 in Beauport, ville de Quebec leaving her a widow. Jeanne departed this life on Tuesday, 24 June 1732 in Beauport, ville de Quebec at age 85 years and 7 months. She was buried there in the churchyard of La-Nativitie-de-Notre-Dame on Wednesday, 25 June 1732.7
|Pierre Maheu b. c 23 Dec 1630, d. 12 May 1717|
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Baptism: 5 February 1647 - Jeanne Drouin, age of 3 months, daughter of Roberto Drouin & Anna Cloustier, sponsors: Jean Cloustier & Marguerita Aubert; at Notre Dame de Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 10 November 1659 - Jeanne Drouin, and Pierre Mahieu; witnesses: Guillaume Le Lieure & Jacques Marette; the parish of Notre-Dame, Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 95532.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 96344.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97751.
- [S1606] Maheu Family: On 20 June 1700 Pierre gave his livestock to his sons Charles and Pierre who were still living with them on the farm. On 6 Sept. they purchased the neighboring land of Rene Brisson for 4,000 livres. Pierre Jr. and his brother in law Joseph Garnier died in the small pox epidemic of 1703 and brother Charles then died in 1704. Charles' widow, Marie Charlotte Garnier, inherited the land at Beauport and the land at L'Ange Gardien went to Pierre's widow Louise Garnier. On 3 Feb. 1717 Pierre and Jeanne, who had retired to Beauport to their daughter Jeanne's home, gave her and her husband Paul Belanger, the 1 1/2 arpents of land which they had obtained from the estate of Robert Drouin at Chateau Richer. Pierre then died on 2 May 1717 and had lived to see 33 grandchildren and 38 great-grand children. Jeanne took the inventory of the estate on 7 July 1717, she had 400 livres of liquid assets, half of which she spent to have prayers said for her dead husband. On 23 Oct. the children left her in possession of the land in L'Ange Gardien and an annual pension of 14 minots of wheat, 4 of peas, 2 of oats, 50 bales of straw, 50 of hay, and 16 pounds of oakum (to chink holes in the cabin I suspect?). After her death they would have 24 low masses celebrated for her. Jeanne lived until Saint-Jean's day, 24 June 1732, she was 85 years old. - freepages.genealogy.ancestry.com/~mainegenie/MAHEU.htm.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 25 June 1732 - Jeanne Drouin, died the 24th of June at around the age of 96 years; wiidow of Mahieu; at the parish of Notre Dame de Beauport - www.genealogiequebec.com.