Mary Anne McGuffin
F, b. 1824, d. 15 August 1890
Mary Anne was born in 1824 in Dublin, County Dublin, Leinster, Ireland. Mary Anne married George Jeffery, son of John Matthew Jeffery Jr. and Eunice Travis, in 1837 in Ontario, Canada.1 George & Mary Anne had children: John J. , James , George McGuffin [6/28/1844-3/07/1917] [m. 1866 Susannah Augustine Wigle & 2nd. 12/16/1885 Mary Jane Riley], Eliza Jane  [m. 1/01/1871 Cgerton Scratch], Mary  [n. 3/14/1876 Thomas Welkinson], William Alfred [3/31/1855-3/17/1936] [m. 12/25/1878 Miranda Dawson], Isaac , Margaret  [m. 1/26/1881 Thomas C. Stewart] & Wilington .2,3 1851, George and Mary was listed on the Canadian census residing with her brother at the village of Oakville, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, Ontario, Canada. Enumberated in the household were John Jeffry [34 Nova Scotia][Widowed][ship's carpenter][Methodist], Elizabeth [11 Canada], John [5 Canada], Emiline [3 Canada], Eunie [63 Nova Scotia][Baptist], George Jeffry [38 Nova Scotia], Mary A. [28 Ireland], John [11 Canada], James [9 Canada], George M. [7 Canada], Melinda [6 Canada], Amos Randall [3 Canada], Elizabeth Randall [1 Canada]. John's wife died of consumption at age 25 years. The home is a one story framed house.4 1861, Mary and her husband, George, were listed on the Canadian Census Mersea Township, Essex County, Ontario, Canada. Enumerated in this household were George Jeffery [48 Nova Scotia], Mary A. [38 Ireland], John [20 Upper Canada], James [18 Upper Canada], Eliza [14 Upper Canada], Mary [11 Upper Canada], William [6 Upper Canada], Isaac [4 Upper Canada] & Margaret [1 Upper Canada]. George is a farmer and a shoemaker.5 1871, Mary and her husband, George, were listed on the Canadian Census at Meersea Township. Enumerated in this household were John Jeffery [29 Ontario], George [55 Nova Scotia], Mary A. [48 Ireland], Alfred [16 Ontario], Isaac [14 Ontario], Margaret [10 Ontario], Wilington [8 Ontario] & Mary [18 Ontario]. John is a farmer and George is a shoemaker.6 Mary's husband, George, died on 8 April 1875 in Mersea Township leaving her a widow. Mary departed this life on Friday, 15 August 1890 in Richmond Township, Macomb County, Michigan, at age 66 years.
|George Jeffery b. 18 Sep 1815, d. 8 Apr 1875|
- [S564] Family Data Collection - Individual Records Record: George Jeffery - birth: 1813 Nova Scotia, Canada; parents: John Matthew Jeffrey & Eunice Travis Crowell; marriage: 1840 Mary Anne McGuffin in Ontario, Canads; death: 1876 Mersea Township, Essex County, Ontario, Canads - Ancestry.com.
- [S563] Family Data Collection - Births Record - Ancestry.com.
- [S506] Note: Information taken from marriage certificates, censuses & find a grave.
- [S2061] 1851 Canadian Census: Oakville, Trafalger Township, Halton County, Ontario - Emum. Dist. 1, sheet 15, line 40.
- [S2054] 1861 Canadian Census: Mersea Township, Essex County, Ontario - Page 4, Line 40.
- [S2055] 1871 Canadian Census: Mersea Township, Essex County, Ontario - Page 10, Line 3.