M, d. 1242
|Father||Sir Simon Bagot d. b Oct 1203|
Hugo was born in Staffordsire, England, at the Manor of Bagot's Bromley. Hugo married Alicia (?) circa 1210. He was the heir of his father & inherited the Manor of Bagot's Bromley. This inheritance actually contained only 3/4's of th manor, he then purchased the other 1/4k.4 Hugo departed this life in 1242.5
- [S927] Memorials of the Bagot Family
, page 9 - Sir Hugh Bagot, knight, the son of Simon, was Lord of Bromley, temp:John. 1210, amd married Alicia; left issue by her one son, Richard
Chapter III - House & Grounds of Blithfield, Bagot's Park, Etc.- page 143 - [iThis is a description of three windows located in Blissfield Hall] These windows contain the following arms in ancient stained glass. Bagod temp: Hen: I. - Bagod tem: r. Steph: - Bagod tem: Hen: II. - Hugo B. et Alicia, ux. 1210. - Richard B. et Christiana, ux. 1245. - William B. et Hawisia, ux. 1274. - John B. et Lucia, ux. 3rd Ed: II. - John B. et Eglina [H. of Mallory] 10th Ed: III. - Ralph B. et Elizabeth [H. of Blithfield] 1367. - John B. et Beatrix [Villers] ux. 7th Rich: II. - Richard B. & Isabella [Aston] ux. - John B. et Isabella [Curzon of Essex] ux. - Bradburne & Bagot - Curzon [of Kedleston] & Bagot. - Knivton & Bagot. - Dunham & Bagot. - Arblaster & Bagot. - Cawarden & Bagot.
- [S928] Bagot Deeds: Deeds in connection with Bagot pedigree, D986/66-n.d. [early 13th cent.] - Grant of 16a. of land, (perch of 24', foot of 12") between Coundslow brook and "Norbilkeie(?)" in Bromley (?assart) - Rent: 12d. - Tag for seal - Witnesses include: Stephen, chaplain of Gratwich (?) and Hervey of Stafford, Robert, parson of Ridware. - Hugh Bagot of Bromley/brother William.
D986/68- n.d.[?late 12th cent.] - Grant of 6a. land between road of Tapele in Bromley and Childisoc; saving grantors "hay" of Feneshay. - Rent: 12d. - Consideration: 18s. - Seal on tag - armorial [Bagots of the Hyde?] - Hugh Bagot/Stephen son of Roger Bagot.
- [S929] Staffordshire Record Society, Collections of a history of Staffordshire, Volume 11: page 17 - With this Hugh we come into clearer light, for he occurs frequently on the Rolls, and numerous deeds executed by him exist at Blythfield. In some of these he is designated as son of Simon.
- [S929] Staffordshire Record Society, Collections of a history of Staffordshire, Volume 11: page 216 - Hugh Bagot of Bromley grants to William, his brother, lands at Cundesley. Witnesses.-Hervey de Stafford,6 - William Pantun, Geoffrey de Gresley, Ralph de Mutton, Roger de Ridware, Ralph de Dulvern, Robert de Leey, etc.
- [S929] Staffordshire Record Society, Collections of a history of Staffordshire, Volume 11: pages 17-18 - Sir Hugh Bagot 1203-1242 - ... In the later year  he occurs as a tenant of a Knight's fee in Bromley in a return of the Fees of the Stafford Barony…There is proof of his death in 1256, for at that date his son Richard was returned amongst the tenants in co. Stafford who held land of value of 15 pounds and upwards by Knight's service and were not yet knights.