M, b. 1638, d. 8 January 1710
|Mother||Francoise de St-Lotz b. 1600|
Charles was born in 1638 in St-Michel-le-Cloucq, Vendee, Pays de la Loire, France.1,2 Charles married Marie Francoise Amiot dit Villeneuve, daughter of Mathieu Amiot dit Villeneuve and Marie Miville, on 5 November 1675 in Riviere-Desroches, Quebec, Canada. The marrige was performed by the missionary Father Cyprien Dufort. It was then registered at Notre Dame de Quebec by the curator, Henri Debernieres.3 1681, Charles and Marie were listed on the Canadian Census in St-Augustin de-Desmaures, Portneuf County, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Charles Gingras [40 years], Francoise [24 years], Mathieu [5 years], Jean [3 years] & Charles [6 months].4 He was buried there in the cemetery of St-Augustin Church on Wednesday, 8 January 1710.5 Charles departed this life on Wednesday, 8 January 1710 in St-Augustin de-Desmaures, Portneuf County, Quebec, Canada, at age 72 years.
|Marie Francoise Amiot dit Villeneuve b. 12 Jul 1660, d. 7 Feb 1736|
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Individual Certificate Number 35721.
- [S1952] Quebec, Quebec Federation of Genealogical Societies, Family Origins, 1621-1865 - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKDB-HQ9V : 25.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Marriage: 5 November 1675 - Charles Gingras, son of Hillaire Gingras & Francois Stlo and Francois Amiot, daughter of Mathieu Amiot & Marie MIville; at Riviere-Desroches, Quebec and registered at the Bascilca of Notre Dame in ville de Quebec.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Numberf 98388.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 8 January 1710 - Charles Gingras, died this day at 68 years of age, at St-Augustiin. - www.genealogiequebec.com.