Sylvia Mehitable Torrey
F, b. 18 May 1829, d. 4 May 1869
|Father||Seth Baldwin Torrey b. 18 May 1799, d. 17 Nov 1869|
|Mother||Elizabeth Stedman b. 24 Sep 1804, d. 11 Apr 1895|
Sylvia Mehitable was born on Monday, 18 May 1829 in Berkshire, Tioga County, New York. Sylvia Mehitable married William Rounsville on 1 April 1847 in Livingston County, Michigan.1 William & Sylvia had children: Franklin G [2/18/1848-1/06/1929][m. Helen M. Glenn], Charles [8/28/1853-3/14/1939][m. Mary Makley] & William [3/11/1862-4/15/1948][m. Hattie Marie Southworth & 2nd. Harriet Lucille Losey] & Fred N. [4/__/1863-1951][m. Emma M. Silverhorn].2,3 8 August 1850, Sylvia and her husband, William, were listed on the U.S. Federal Census in Unadilla Township, Livingston County, Michigan. Enumerated in this household were William Roundsville [25 Massachusetts], Silva [24 New York], Franklin [2 Michigan]. William is a carpenter.4 1 July 1860, Sylvia and her husband William were listed on the U.S. Federal Census in Breckenridge, Minnesota. Enumerated in this household were William Rounsville [36 Massachusetts], Silvia [31 New York] & Frank [11 Michigan].5 Sylvia's husband, William, died on 14 December 1867 in Fowlerville, Livingston County, Michigan, leaving her a widow.6 Sylvia departed this life on Tuesday, 4 May 1869 in Fowlerville, Livingston County, Michigan, at age 39 years, 11 months and 16 days. She was buried there at Fowlerville in the Greenwood Cemetery. The inscription on her tombstone reads: Silvia wife of W.E. Rounsville - Died May 4 1869 - Aged 39 YRS 11 MO 16 DS.7
|William Rounsville b. 5 Feb 1824, d. 14 Dec 1867|
- [S722] Michigan Marriages to 1850: 1 April 1847 - William Roundsville & Sylvia Torrey - Livingstion County.
- [S677] 1880 United States Federal Census: 5 June 1880 Handy Township, Livingston County, Michigan - Frank C. Roundville [32 Michigan], his wife: Hellen [31 Michigan], children: Claude [5 Michigan], Rose [4 Michigan], Anna [2 Michigan],servant: Matilda Kinman [15 Michigan]. Franklin is a wheat buyer. [Ennumeration District 158, sheet 14b, line 4] [Note: Frank is living right next door to his aunt Anne Glenn. - klm] - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S677] 1880 United States Federal Census: 2 June 1880 - Grand River City, Eaton County, Michigan - Robert Newton [38 Ohio], his wife: Mary C. [31 Ohio], Margaret A. [11 Michigan], borders: Joseph Carpet [45 England], Sarah Carpet [10 Michigan], Charles E. Wretton [25 Michigan], Charles Roundsville [24 Michigan], & William Roundsville [22 Michigan]. [Ennumeration District 59, sheet 4, line 27] - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S674] 1850 United States Federal Census: Unadilla Township, Livingston County, Michigan - sheet 738, line 34 - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S675] 1860 United States Federal Census: Breckenridge County, Minnesota - Sheet 8, Line 25. - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S506] Note: Courtesy of Karen Clark Maleitzke.
- [S506] Note: The details of the children and tombstones courtesy of Karen Clark Maleitzke.