Michel Roy dit Chatellerault1
M, b. circa 9 January 1644, d. 14 January 1709
|Father||Michel Roy b. c 1615|
|Mother||Louise Chevalier b. c 1619, d. 15 Mar 1694|
Michel was born in Chatellarault, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France. He was christened there on 9 January 1644 in St-Jacques Church.2 In the early summer of 1665, Michel left his home in Chatellerault as a soldier aboard the ship, "La Justice", bound for Quebec. The ship arrived on 14 Spetember, he registered with the Naurois Company of the Carignan-Salieres Regiment on the 24th.3,4 Michel married Francoise Aube on 8 October 1668 in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada, at the Basilica of Notre Dame.5 After his discharge from service, he continued to serve as a militia commander. Michel also served as a notary for the Manor of Ste-Anne-de-la-Perade, his first such appointment was on 16 November 1668.3 1681, Michel and Francoise were listed on the Canadian Census in Ste-Anne-de-La-Perade, Champlain County, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Michel Roy [35 years], Francoise Aubert [40 years], Catherine [8 years], Edmond [6 years], Michel [4 years], Pierre [2 years] & a servant: Antoine Capoui [55 years]. He owned a rifle, 4 beasts with horns & 4 arpents of land.6 In 1689, Michel went into partnership with Robert Rivard, a fur trader, and contracted with the North Company for fur trading rights.3 Michel's wife, Francoise, died on 12 January 1709 in Ste-Anne-de-La-Perade leaving him a widower. Michel departed this life on Monday, 14 January 1709 in Ste-Anne-de-La-Perade. He was buried there in the cemetery of Ste-Anne-de-La-Perade on Tuesday, 15 January 1709.7
|Francoise Aube b. 1641, d. 12 Jan 1709|
- [S1603] Peter J. Gagne, Kings Daughters and Founding Mothers. The Filles Du Roi, 1663-1673, Volume 1: pages 53-54.
- [S1952] Quebec, Quebec Federation of Genealogical Societies, Family Origins, 1621-1865: Michel Roy/Chatellerault - Number 243666 - Researched by Jean Marie Germe & Lise Dandonneau./ - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKDB-HQ9V : 25.
- [S1603] Peter J. Gagne, Kings Daughters and Founding Mothers. The Filles Du Roi, 1663-1673, pages 53-54.
- [S1965] Carignan-Salières Regiment - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 8 October 1668 - Michel Roy, son of Michel Roy & Louise Chevalier; and Francoise Hobbe, daughter of Pierre Hobbe & Francoise Perie; at Notre Dame de Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97401.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 15 January 1709 - Michel Roy, died yesterday at around the age of 60 years; at St-Anne-de-la-Perade. - www.genealogiequebec.com.