Edward A. Hubbard
M, b. December 1837
Edward A. was born in December 1837 in Ohio. He was often referred to as Edwin. 1870, Edward was listed on the U.S. Federal Census in Liberty Township, Crawford County, Ohio. Enumerated in this household were Edwin Hubbard [30 Ohio]. Edwin is a minister.1 Edward married Isabella Peterman, daughter of Michael Peterman and Sarah Ridgely, on 25 December 1870 in Crawford County, Ohio.2 Their son, Edwin was never married. He remained in the family home in Bowling Green with his mother. He was a commerical printer & owned his own businessr in Bowling Green, Ohio. 8 June 1880, Edward and his wife, Isabella, were listed on the U.S. Federal Census in Jersey City, Wood County, Ohio. Enumerated in this household were E. H. Hubbard [42 Ohio] & his wife, Isabell [36 Ohio], M. E. [6 Ohio]. E. H. is a school teacher.3,4 1 June 1900, Isabella and Edward was listed on the U.S. Federal Census at Bowling Green, Center Township, Wood County, Ohio. Enumerated in this household were Belle P. Hubbard [56 Ohiuo - May 1844], Edwin [62 Ohio - December 1837][in the insane asylum], & son, Edwin [26 Ohio - August 1873][printer]. They had been married 29 years with 3 children, 1 living. Belle is a carpet weaver.5 Edward departed this life between the summer of 1904 and 16 April 1910 in Lucas County, Iowa.6
|Isabella Peterman b. May 1844, d. 15 Mar 1923|
- [S676] 1870 United States Federal Census: Crawford County, Ohio - Enumeration District 203-203, sheet 27 - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S336] Carl E. Shumaker, Marriages of Crawford County, Ohio 1831-1997, Volume II: page 684 - E. A. Hubbard, married 25 December 1870 Isabella d/o Michael in Crawford Co., Ohio. [Volume 8: page 5]
- [S675] 1860 United States Federal Census: Ingham County, Michigan - Sheet 3, line 38 - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S677] 1880 United States Federal Census: Wood County, Ohio - Enumeration District 93, sheet 8, line 36 - It noted Jersey City part in Portage. - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S679] 1900 United States Federal Census: Wood County, Ohio - Enumeration District 139, shhet 5a, line 29 - Listed in the Toledo State Hospital was Edward A. Hubbard [61 Ohio - November 1838] in Lucas Township, Adams County, Ohio. - 15th Ward, Enum. Dist. 113, sheet 1b, line 52 - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S426] U. S. Federal Census Record: 16 April 1910 Bowling Green, Center Township, Wood County, Ohio - elle Hubbard [65 Ohio][widow], Edward [36 Ohio][printer & owns his own shop]. She had 3 children, 1 living. She was living on Ridge Street. [Enum. Dist. 181, sheet 31a, line 26] [Note: Isabella is a wodow. - klm]