M, b. 1615, d. 1691
John was born in 1615 in England. On 9 May 1635, John left London aboard the ship, "Susan and Ellen", under the command of Captain Edward Payne, bound for New England. Among the passengers was listed John North aged 20 years. They landed at Boston the 9th of May..3,4,5 John originally settled in Ipswich under the leadership of Richard Saltenstall as did several other families arriving on the "Susan and Ellen". He is recorded as a land owner there in 1637. John married Hannah Bird circa 1640 in Ipswich, Essex County, Massachusetts. John appears on records there until 1646 when he sells his property. He apparently removed from Ipswich to Connecticut shortly thereafter. By 1652, he and his family had settled in Farmington where he remained the remainder of his life. John made his will. John departed this life in 1691. His will was probated on 12 February 1692. On 3 March 1691/92, his estate was distrutited.
- [S1704] Dexter North, John North of Farmington, Connecticut & His Descendants, with a short account of other early North Families, page 3 - John North & his wife became member of the Farmington church in 1656. He became a freeman in 1657.
- [S457] Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, "John North."
- [S1704] Dexter North, John North of Farmington, Connecticut & His Descendants, with a short account of other early North Families, page 1 - John North sailed from London at the age of 20 on the Susan & Ellen to Boston in 1635.
- [S739] Peter Wilson Coldham, The Complete Book of Immigrants, Volume II: Chapter 30 page 58 - 14 April 1635-9 May 1635. Passengers embarked in the Susan and Ellen, Mr. Edward Payne, bound (from London) to New England: . . .
John North 20.
- [S739] Peter Wilson Coldham, The Complete Book of Immigrants, Section2, Chapter 30 1635, page 57 - John North aged 20 years, embarked 14 April 1635 - 9 May 1635 from London on ship "Susan and Ellen", Mr. Payne to New England.