- [S9] William Howard Powers, Powers-Banks Ancestry: Traced In All Lines To The Remotest Date Obtainable - Charles Powers 1819-1871 and His Wife Lydia Ann Banks 1829-1919
(Ames, Iowa: J. L. Powers, 1921),.
- [S19] Floyd I. Ferris, Jeffery Ferris Family Genealogy (DeWitt Historical Society of Tompkins Co., Ithaca, N.Y., 1963),.
- [S45] Charles Edward Crowell, Partial Genealogy of the Ferris Family (Atlantic Highlands, N.J., Charles E. Crowell, & Antonio Rasines, 1899),.
- [S46] William Richard Cutter, New England Families, genealogical memorial; a record of the achievements of her people in the making of commonwealths & the founding of a nation (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1913. Reprint, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1996),.
- [S48] Josephine C. Frost, Ancestors of Frank Herbert Davol and his wife Phebe Downing Willits; showing Mayflower descent from John Alden, James Chilton...John Cooke...Priscilla Mullines, Richard Warren. (New York, F. H. Hitchcock, 1925),.
- [S57] P. Anselme, Historie genealog. et chron. de la maison royale de France.
- [S95] Spencer P. Mead, History of Greenwich, Connecticut (Knickerbocker, Press, New York 1911),.
- [S126] Thomas Weston Valentine, The Valentine's in America, (New York, Clark & Maynard, 1874),.
- [S157] Carolyn Syron Valentine, The Genealogy Book of the Sirrine (Syron) Family Name (Washington D.C.: 1925),.
- [S171] Seroen, The Surine Family.
- [S239] Patia Havens L'Hommedieu, The Searings of Connecticut Farms, New Jersey (Port Washingto, New York: 1941),.
- [S251] Beatrice Valentine Di Duca, "The Orgin of Richard Valentine of New Jersey," New York Genealogical Record [reprint from Genealogies of Long Island Families] page 492 - Richard Valentine, earliest of the name in New York, was born circa 1610 in Lancashire, England. Some authorities state that he was a lineal descendant of Richard Valentine of the parish of Eccles...He came to this country with the Winthrop-Saltonstall party...then to Hempstead, Long Island in 1644.
- [S315] James G. Ferris., Bones & Bombs, (www.ferristree.com),.
- [S339] James G. Ferris., A Ferris Genealogy.
- [S606] Peter Ross, History Of Long Island From Its Earliest Settlement To The Present Time, Two Volumes. (The Lewis Publishing Company, New York & Chicago: 1902),.
- [S863] Mabel Thacher Rosemary Washburn, Washburn family foundations in Normandy, England, and America (Greenfield Ind., 1953: W. Mitchell Printing Co.),.
- [S865] Henry Sidney Grazebrook., The Heraldry of Worchestershire, (J. R. Smith: 1873),.
- [S866] John Ross Delafield, Delafield, The Family History (Private: 1945),.
- [S887] "Valentine Seaman," The New York Times (8 August 1897):.
- [S888] "Funeral of Valentine Seaman - Simple Services Held at the Home of the Dead Man's Son," New York Times (2 April 1899):.
- [S889] "Death Notices: Percival Seaman," The New York Times (5 April 1883):.
- [S891] New York Death Index.
- [S892] "Obituary of Valentine Seaman," The New York Times (30 March 1899):.
- [S893] James Joseph Walsh, History of Medicine in New York (National Americiana Society - 1919 [digitized July 1, 2008, by Google]),.
- [S895] Minnie Goodnow, Goodnow's History of Nursing (W. B. Saunders Company 1916 [digitized 19 August 2008 - Google Book]),.
- [S897] His daughter Eliza Seaman Leggett Dr. Valentine Seaman.
- [S900] Seaman-Drake Arch - http://www.washington-heights.us/history/archives/…
- [S902] Park Terrace Gardens
- transcribed by Sidney McCurdy - http://myinwood.net/park-terrace-gardens/
- [S903] "Obituary," The New York Times 15 July 1880.
- [S988] Mrs. Martha J. Lanmb, "1st Mayor of New York," Magazine of American History
Volume XVII (January 1887):.
- [S990] Joseph Lemuel & Dean, John Ward Chester, London Marriage Licenses, Joseph Foster. (London: Quaritch, 15 Piccadilly, W. 1887),,.
- [S991] William Dunn Macray., A Register of Members of St. Mary Magdalen College, Oxford, (London: Henry Frowde, Oxford University Press, 1897),.
- [S992] Harleian Society, The Publications of the Harleian Sociey
(ondion: Harlaien Society 1869),.
- [S993] Cornelius Tyler, Autobiography of William Seymour Tyler and Relared Papers with the Genealogy of the Ancestors of Professor and Mrs. William S. Tyler (Privately Printed 1912),.
- [S994] "Andrew Willet," Wikipedia.
- [S995] E J Wiseman, "St Margaret of Antioch, Barley," The United Benefice of Barkway, Reed and Buckland with Barley - unitedbenefice.wordpress.com/churches/st-margaret-of-antioch-barley/.
- [S1002] Daniel H. Carpenter, "Willet Record," New York Genealogical and Biographical Record Volume 33 (April 1902): page 106-107.
- [S1003] Daniel H. Carpenter, "New York's First Mayor," New York Genealogical & Biographcal Record Volume 28 (October 1897): pages 190-196.
- [S1004] "Records of St. George's Church, Hempstead, Long Island," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record
Volume 9 # 4 (October 1878): page 185.
- [S1007] James Greenstreet, "Marriages at St Savior's Southwark, from AD 1605 to AD 1625," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record
Volume 28 # 1 (Jan 1879): 46.
- [S1010] Amos Canfield, "Westchester County, N.Y., Miscellaneous Notes," New York Genealogical and Biographical Record Voume 60 (July 1929): page 262.
- [S1046] Mrs. William Johnson, "Edmund Titus of Wesbury, L.I. and Some of His Descendants," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume 77, #3 (July 1946): pages 987- 106.
- [S1118] Minutes of the Proceedings of the Fifth Convention of Delegates from the Abolition Societies, Established at different Parts of the United States, Assembled at Philadelphia on the First Day of June, One Thousand Seven Hundred and Ninety-eight (Philadelphia: Printed by Zachariah Poulson, Junior, 1798),.
- [S1119] Published writings of Dr. Valentine Seaman.
- [S1185] Herbert F. Seversmith & Arthur S. Wardwell, "The Fabulous Pearsalls," The American Genealogist Volume XVIII, number 4 (April 1942):.
- [S1240] Elizabeth Seaman Leggett My Book of Life for my grandson, Augustus Ives - 1 April 1888
Detroit Public Library, The Burton Historical Collection, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
- [S1281] "Gleanings," New England Historical & Genealogical Register Volume 17, number 3 (July 1863):.
- [S1294] Arthur S. Wardwell, "The Willett's Family of Hempstead & Jericho, Long Island," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume 80, number 2 (April 1949): pages 112-118.
- [S1511] William Mohn & Charles Moens., The Marriage, Baptismal and Burial Registers 1571 to 1874 and Monumental Inscriptions of the Dutch Reformed Church, Austin Friars, London
, (Lymington: 1884),.
- [S1682] Douglas merritt, Revised Merritt Records (New York, Thomas A. Wright: 1916),.