- [S3] Detroit Genealogical Society, "Persons at Leggett-Seaman marriage 1836," Detroit Society for Genealogical Research Magazine Volume 50, Number 2 [Winter 1986].
- [S8] Daughters of the American Revolution. Ponitac, Michigan - present to the Michigan Historical Commission - 1938 Richardson Chapter, Cemetery Records of Oakland County, Michigan, (Daughters of the American Revolution of Michigan),.
- [S27] Robert Bolton, A History of the County of Westchester, from its first settlement to the present. (New York, Printed by A. S. Gould, 1848),.
- [S74] Ada Clementine Acker Haight, The Richard Washburn Family Genealogy: a family history of two hundred years outlining the ancestors & descendants of Richard Washburn with some connected families (Ossing, New York: [s.n.], 1937),.
- [S77] Copied from the manuscript record of the late Rev. Theodore A. Leggett by A. Hatfield Jr., Early Settlers of West Farms, Westchester County, New York [Copied from the manuscript record of the late Rev, Theodore A. Leggett] (Edition of 100 copies, New York: 1913),.
- [S79] William Wade Hinshaw., Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, (Ann Arbor, Washtenaw Co., Michigan: Edwards Brothers; [Richmond, Ind. : Friends Book & Supply House, distributors], 1936),.
- [S86] David Webster Hoyt, Genealogical History of the Hoyt, Haight, Hight families.. (Providence: Printed for the author by the Providence Press Co., 1871),.
- [S93] Elizabeth Seaman Leggett Journal of Elizabeth Seaman Leggett Detroit Public Library, The Burton Historical Collection, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
- [S101] Raymond L. Olson, Ancestory of Elihu B. Gifford [1830-1898] and Catherine Sandow Barrows [1835-1917] of Saratoga County, New York, Buffalo County, Wisconsin & Spokane County, Washomgtpm (Gateway Press, Baltimore, 1989),.
- [S105] William S. Pellatreau., Early wills of Westchester County, New York : from 1664 to 1784 : a careful abstract of all wills (nearly 800) recorded in New York Surrogate's Office and at White Plains, N.Y. from 1664 to 1784
, (New York: Francis P. Harper, 1898),.
- [S106] Howland Delano Perrine, The Wright Family of Oysterbay, L.I. with the ancestry of and descent from Peter Wright and Nicholas Wright, 1423-1923 (New York: 1923),.
- [S248] Thomas Bogart Leggett grandson Clinton Leggett. Elizabethtown, New Jersey. East Lansing, Ingham County, Michigan.
- [S249] "Samuel Leggett and His Historic Gas - Lighting Experiment
," Gas Logic
(March 1919): pages 1-3.
- [S252] Beverly Lancaster & Russel Reed., Oakland County, Michigan - Oak Hill Cemetery [older sections] 1822-1991, (Pontiac Area Historical Society - 1992),.
- [S261] Alice D. Serrell for the General Richardson Chapter. Daughters of the American Revolution., Abstracts of Probate Files in the Probate Court 1313, Oakland County, Michigan, 1000-2600, Inc. Covering the period from 19 October 1852 to 8 January 1868, (1959),.
- [S319] David John Leggett., Leggett's of Ely, (Ancestry's World Family Tree),.
- [S321] Ph.D. Boston University, School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts:1985 and compiled by Rev. John Milton Leggett, Trinity Episcopal Church, Washington, Pennsylvania: 1986 Dorothy Corbett Wertz The English Orgins of the Gabriel Leggett Family.
- [S325] Mortimer Allen Leggett Mortimer Leggett's Life Stories East Lansing, Ingham County, Michigan.
- [S328] Family Bible of Augustus Wright & Eliza Seaman Leggett, East Lansing, Ingham County, Michigan.
- [S349] Roeser, & Storck Ferriss., Petition & Order To Show Cause In The Matter Of The Application For The Appointment Of A Trustee To Execute The Power Of Sale Remaining Unexecuted Conferred By The Last Will & Testament Of Thomas Leggett, Deceased, (13 May 1910),.
- [S367] J. W. Weeks & Company., Detroit City Directory for 1884, (Detroit: J. W. Weeks & Co. 1884),.
- [S369] R. L. Polk & Company., Detroit City Directory of 1887, (Detroit: R. L. Polk & Company),.
- [S370] R. L Polk & Company., Detroit City & Wayne County Directory of 1886, (Detoit: R. L. & Polk Co., 1886),.
- [S454] Louis F. Haffen, Josiah A. Briggs, & Benedict Fitzpatrick James L. Wells, The Bronx & Its People: A History, 1609-1927 (Lewis Historical Publishing Company, New York: 1927),.
- [S474] W. W. Spooner., Westchester County, New York: Biographical, (New York History Co., New York 1900),.
- [S516] Gertrude A. Barber, Marriages Taken From the New York Evening Post, Seven.
- [S542] U. S. and International Marriage Records - Ancestry.com.
- [S640] W. J. Hardy., Calendar of Feet & Fines For London and Middlesex - Richard I to Elizabeth I, (London: Hardy & Page, 21 Old Buildings, Lincoln's Inn: 1892),.
- [S650] Vital Records From The Detroit Free Press Volume XIV - 1865
, (Michigan State Library: 1962 [records lent to the Michigan State Library from the Burton Historical Collection, Detroit Public Library]),.
- [S684] 1950 United States Federal Census - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S726] Portrait and Biographical Album of Oakland County Michigan.
- [S762] Nayland Church, Ipswich, County Suffolk, England [LDS Film # 099 2046 items 5-11] - transcribed by Kathy & Larry McCurdy.
- [S764] Special Collections: Ancient Petitions.
- [S765] Prerogative Court of Canterbury Records.
- [S766] W R Powell, A History of the County of Essex,, www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=15681 (1978),.
- [S769] Eleanor Berewster Davenport Grant, The Ancestry and descendants of John and Jane Ann (Lounsbery) Davenport (River Forest, ILL:1960),.
- [S771] William [editor] Page, A History of the County of Hertford,, http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx (1912),.
- [S772] R B Pugh (Editors), A P Baggs, Diane K Bolton, Eileen P Scarff, G C Tyack T F T Baker, A History of the County of Middlesex, Accessed 16 May 2008., http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx. (1976),.
- [S776] G. A. J. Hodgett, The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate, http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx., (1971),.
- [S777] A P Baggs, J Freeman, C Smith, J H Stevenson, E Williamson D A Crowley (Editor), A History of the County of Wiltshire (1999),.
- [S778] Daniel Lysons, The Environs of London:, www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=45473&strquery=legatt., (1796),.
- [S779] H. C. Maxwell Lyte, A Descriptive Catalogue of Ancient Deeds, : http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx, (1915),.
- [S899] Eliza Seaman Leggett Autobiography of Eliza Seaman Leggett
8 October 1889,.
- [S1115] Margaret Washington, Sojourner Truth"s America
(University of Illinois Press: 2009),.
- [S1116] Michigan Women's Hall of Fame.
- [S1117] Oakland County in the Civil War.
- [S1245] Joseph Alfred Scoville, The Old Merchants of New York City, New York
(New York: Carleton Publisher, 413 Broadway - 1864),.
- [S1246] Longworth's American Almanac: New York Register & City Directory
, (New York: Published by Thomas Longworth, no. 39 Pine Street. 1834),.
- [S1247] Martha J. Lamb, History of the Ciy of New York: It's Origin, Rise, and Progress (A. S. Barnes & Company: 1877),.
- [S1248] Samuel Leggett, The Explanation and Vindication of Samuel Leggett, late president of the Franklin Bank of the City of New York