M, b. 4 June 1634, d. before 23 November 1685
Nicolas was born on Sunday, 4 June 1634 in Poitiers, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France. He was the son of Jean Massard and Francoise Pimpault.1 He immigrated to Quebec from France in 1658 at the age of 23 years.2 Nicolas married Anne Bellesoeur dit Lucas on 12 October 1665 in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada, at the Basilica of Notre Dame.3 1667, Nicolas and Anne were listed on the Canadian Census in Comte-de-Levis, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Nicolas Massart [30 years], his wife: Anne Bellecheur [24 years], Marie-Anne [8 months].4 1681, Nicolas and Anne were listed on the Canadian Census at Comte-de-Levis. Enumerated in this household were Nicolas Massard [47 years], his wife: Anne Bellesoeur [35 years], Marie [15 years], Anne [13 years], Marguerite [11 years], Marie [9 years], Rene [7 years] & Jeanne [3 years].5 Nicolas departed this life in ville de Quebec at Hotel-Dieu. He was buried there in the cemetery of the Hotel-Dieu on Friday, 23 November 1685.6
|Anne Bellesoeur dit Lucas b. c 1640, d. 11 Dec 1710|
- [S1952] Quebec, Quebec Federation of Genealogical Societies, Family Origins, 1621-1865 - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKDB-HQ9V : 25.
- [S1559] William P. Filby, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, page 384.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 12 October 1665 - Nicolas Massard, son of Jean Massard & Marguerite Pimpante, originally from Grand Yversay, Poitou; and Anne Belleseur, daughter of Germain Besseseur & Barbe Lucas, originally from Paris; at the parish of Notre-Dame. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 96329.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97536.
- [S1556] Quebec, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967: Burial: 23 November 1685 - Nicolas Massard at the General Hospital of Quebec - Ancestry.com.