M, b. 27 May 1823, d. 1 April 1895
|Father||William Haight Leggett b. 15 Apr 1789, d. 23 Dec 1863|
|Mother||Margaret Peck Wright b. 16 Jan 1794, d. 16 Apr 1878|
Sarah Marie Huggins on 17 February 1845 at the City, County & State of New York, at St. Bartholomews, Lafayetts Place by Dr. Balch. 18 July 1860, Thomas and his wife, Sarah, were listed on the U.S. Federal Census in Morrisania, Westchester County, New York. Enumerated in this household were Thomas B. Leggett [37 New York - $10,000 & $10,000 - broker], his wife: Sarah M. [33 Connecticut], children: Edward [14 New York], Clinton H. [12 New York], Wm. T. [8 New York] & domestics: Bridget Burk  & Yeesseg .4 9 July 1870, Thomas and his wife, Sarah, were listed on the U.S. Federal Census in Elizabeth Town, Union County, New Jersey. Enumerated in this household were Thomas B. Leggett [45 New York-broker], his wife: Sarah M. [40 Connecricut], children: E. Howard [25 New York-bookkeeper], Clinton H. [22 New York], William T. [17 New York], Florence [6 New York], & his mother: Margaret W. [76 New York].5 Thomas departed this life on Monday, 1 April 1895 at his apartment at 293 Lenox Avenue in the City, County & State of New York. He was buried at Bronx, Westchester County, New York, in the Woodlawn Cemetery.
|Sarah Marie Huggins b. 1 Aug 1826, d. 13 Feb 1902|
- [S91] Michigan Daughters of the American Revolution, Old Bible and Other Genealogical Records, Volume: 5: page 102; Volume 3: page 39.
- [S349] Roeser, & Storck Ferriss, Petition & Order To Show Cause In The Matter Of The Application For The Appointment Of A Trustee To Execute The Power Of Sale Remaining Unexecuted Conferred By The Last Will & Testament Of Thomas Leggett, Deceased, SIXTH: A son, THOMAS B. LEGGETT, who died April 1st 1895, intestate, and survived by the following children:
Edward Howard Leggett, who is married to Georgiana C. Leggett, and who both reside at Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Clinton H. Leggett, who is married to Josephine L. Leggett, and who both reside at Number 73 East 92nd Street, in the Borough of Manhattan, City and County of New York.
William H. Leggett, who is married to Kate Legget, and who both reside at Number 314 North Homewood Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and
Florence H. Leggett, who resides at Number 485 Central Park West, in the Borough of Manhattan, City and County of New York.
- [S106] Howland Delano Perrine, The Wright Family of Oysterbay, L.I. with the ancestry of and descent from Peter Wright and Nicholas Wright, 1423-1923, page 170 - Thomas Bogart, b. May 27, 1823; d. ApL 1, 1895; m. Sarah Maria Huggins, of New Haven, Conn., Feby. 17, 1845; b. Aug. 1, 1826; d. Feby. 13, 1902. Issue: Edward Howard, b. Dec. 2, 1845, m. Georgiana Clapp, of N. Y. City, Nov 16, 1875, b. Nov 1850, had issue; Clinton Huggins, b. July 26, 1847, m. Josephine Louise Morgan, of N. Y. City, ApL 17, 1883, no issue; Ellen Bowman, b. Sept 2, 1850, d. July 8, 1854; William Thomas, b. Nov 1, 1852, d. Oct. 9, 1909, in. Kate Adelia Bagnall, of Mercer, Pa., Oct. 16, 1888, b. Aug 3, 1864, had issue : Norton Wright, b. July 21, 1855, d. Dec. II, 1859; Florence Huggins, b. Aug. 12, 1863, s. p.; Maud, b. ApL 25, 1867, d. Aug. 20, 1867.
- [S675] 1860 United States Federal Census: Westchester County, New York - page 362 - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S676] 1870 United States Federal Census: Union County, New Jersey - 5th Ward, sheet 499a, line - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.