Louis Laporte dit St-Georges
M, b. circa 26 October 1667, d. circa 26 January 1717
|Father||Jacques Laporte dit St-Georges b. 5 Mar 1627, d. 11 Sep 1702|
|Mother||Marie Nicole Duchesne b. c 1641, d. 7 Jul 1703|
Louis was born in Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.1 He was christened there on 24 May 1678 in St-Pierre Church.2 On 16 June 1681, Louis age 14, along with his brothers, Jean-Baptiste age 8, Paul aged 23, Antoine age 21, & Jacques age 19 made their confirmation at Ste-Famile, Boucherville.3 There was a marriage contract made on 30 January 1695.4,5 Louis married Marie-Madeleine Maseau, daughter of Jean Maseau dit St-Martin and Anne Michel, on 29 June 1696 in Contrecoeur, Vercheres County, Quebec, Canada, at Tres Ste-Trinitie Church.6,4 Louis's wife, Marie-Madeleine, died circa 9 July 1713 in St-Sulpice, leaving him a widower.7 Louis departed this life in St-Sulpice, Quebec, Canada. He was buried there in St-Sulpice Cemetery on Tuesday, 26 January 1717.4,8
|Marie-Madeleine Maseau b. 16 Apr 1675, d. c 9 Jul 1713|
- [S1585] Filles a Marier - [biography]: Birth: 6 August 1667 - Louis Laporte, son of Jacques Laporte & Nicole Duchesne at Pointe-aux-Tremble, Montreal. - http://www.geocities.com/weallcamefromsomewhere/Kebec/…
- [S1556] Quebec, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967: Baptism: 24 May 1678 - Pierre de La Porte - , son of Jacquese de La Porte & Nicole Duchesne; sponsors: George de La Porte & Susanne Duprea, wife of Gabriel Lebeau at the parish of St-Pierre, Sorel - Ancestry.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography.
- [S1594] Rene Jette, Dictionnaire Genealogicque des families du Quebec, page 651.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Marrigae Contract: Louis Laporte, son of Jacques Laporte dit St Georges & Nicole Duchasne and Marie Madeleine Masseau dit St Martin, daughter of Jean Masseau & Michelle Duquet. Notary: Claude Mague - Contract completed 29 June 1696.
- [S1556] Quebec, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967: Marriage: 30 January 1695 - Louis Laporte dit St-Georges & Madeleine Massot at Contrecoeur - Ancestry.com.
- [S1557] Genealogy of Canada: Death: 9 July 1713 - Madeleine Massot at St-Sulpice. - www.nosorigines.qc.ca/GenealogieQuebec.aspx?genealogy.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Burial: 26 January 1717 - Louis Laporte, age 50, at St-Sulpice Cemetery.