M, b. circa 1642, d. after 1705
|Father||Thomas Hunt I b. c 1620, d. 8 Feb 1694/95|
|Mother||Cicely Clark b. c 1619, d. a 9 Apr 1691|
Thomas was born circa 1642 in New Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut. Thomas married Elizabeth Jessop, daughter of Edward Jessop and Elizabeth Bridges, circa 1663 in Westchester County, New York. Thomas and his father, Thomas I, were in Westchester by 1663 and were prominent members of that community. Thomas Sr. purchased fifty morgen of land from Augustine Hermans who had purchased it from the original owner, John Throckmorton shortly after 1652. Thomas Jr. purhased on June 20 of 1668 the property originally purchased from Elizabeth Beacham [widow of Edward Jessop] the lands originally held by Edward. In 1669, there was a divison of these lands between John Richardson and Thomas Hunt. This division pertained to lands that had not been divided originally. At his death, he willed Grove Farm to his grandson Josiah. The land was eventually sold to Josiah Caustin who then sold it to John Ferris and Myanna Hunt. It stayed in the Ferris Family until sometime in the 1800's. From Anna, it went to her son, Elijah. This was a very beautiful place. A description of it can be found in the journal of Eliza Seaman Leggett, Anna's granddaughter. Thomas' will was witnessed by Robert Huestis and Edward Collier. Grove Farm was originally Spicer & Brocket's Neck renamed by Thomas. He made his will 6 October 1690. Thomas departed this life after 1705 in Throgs Neck, Westchester County, New York, at "Grove Farm".
|Elizabeth Jessop b. c 1646, d. b 1690|
- [S77] Copied from the manuscript record of the late Rev. Theodore A. Leggett by A. Hatfield Jr., Early Settlers of West Farms, Westchester County, New York [Copied from the manuscript record of the late Rev, Theodore A. Leggett], p. 1,.
- [S150] Virginia John G. Hunt of Arlington, The Descendents of Thomas Hunt, Sr. who deceased at the Grove Farm, Westchester, New York, February 1694/5.
- [S149] Grenville Mackenzie, Genealogy of the Thomas Hunt Family.
- [S77] Copied from the manuscript record of the late Rev. Theodore A. Leggett by A. Hatfield Jr., Early Settlers of West Farms, Westchester County, New York [Copied from the manuscript record of the late Rev, Theodore A. Leggett], pg. 1.
- [S30] New York Historical Society, Collections of the New York Historical Society Abstract of Wills, page 256.
- [S105] William S. Pellatreau, Early wills of Westchester County, New York : from 1664 to 1784 : a careful abstract of all wills (nearly 800) recorded in New York Surrogate's Office and at White Plains, N.Y. from 1664 to 1784
, page 15.
- [S22] Norman Davis, Westchester Patriarchs, A Genealogical Dictionary of Westchester Co., N.Y., page 129.