Jean Guiet dit guillet
M, b. 26 December 1627, d. circa 13 January 1691
Jean was born on Sunday, 26 December 1627 in Berneuil, Charente-Maritime, Poitou-Charentes, France. His name is also spelled Guyet & later to Guay. He was christened on the same day there in the Church of Notre Dame.1 He was first noted in Quebec, as early as September 1646, working under contract for the Jesuits among the Hurons.2,1 Jean married Jeanne Mignon on 10 November 1652 in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada, at the Basilica of Notre Dame. Guillaume Couture & Francois Bisset were their witnesses.3 1666, Jean and Jeanne were listed on the Canadian Census in Comte-de-Levis, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Jean Guyet [40 years], Jeannie Mignon [30 years], Guillaume [11 years], Ignace [8 years], Louis [6 years], Jean [4 years] & Jacques [1 year].4 1667, Jean and Jeanne were listed on the Canadian Census. Enumerated in this household were Jean Guay [44 years], Jeanne Huault [32 years], Guillaume [12 years], Ignace 110 years], Louis [8 years], Jean [5 years] & Jacques [3 years].5 1681, Jean and Jeanne were listed on the Canadian Census. Enumerated in this household were Jean Guyet [60 years], Jeanne Mignon [48 years], Ignace [23 years], Louis [21 years], Jean [18 years], Jacques [17 years], Pierre [14 years] & Charles [4 years].6 Jean departed this life in Pointe-de-Levy, Lauzon. He was buried there in the cemetery of St-Joseph on Saturday, 13 January 1691.7
|Jeanne Mignon b. 1635, d. 24 Mar 1701|
- [S1952] Quebec, Quebec Federation of Genealogical Societies, Family Origins, 1621-1865: Jean Guay/Guiet - Number 241919 - Researched by Jean Francois Paboul, Lise Dandonneau and Christian Siguret. - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKDB-HQ9V : 25.
- [S1618] Migrations - Fille a Marier: Jeanne Mignon - www.migrations.fr/FILLE_A_MARIER/FILLEAMARIER.HTM#M.
- [S1614] Fichier origine: marriage: 10 November 1652 - Jean Guiet, originally from the parish of Notre-Dame de Mont-Breneuil, St-Onge; son of Jean Guiet & Marie Dumant; and Jeanne Mignon, originally of the parish of St-Sauveur, La-Rochelle; daughter of Francois Mignon & Marie Belanger; at the parish of Notre Dame, Quebec - www.fishierorigine.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 95458.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 96317.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97554.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 13 January 1691 - Jean Guay at: at Pointe-de-Levy, Lazon. - www.genealogiequebec.com.