M, b. 1634, d. between 5 February 1705 and 12 February 1720
|Father||Vincent Gouin d. b 10 May 1663|
|Mother||Charlotte Gauthier d. bt 20 Nov 1663 - 22 Oct 1665|
Mathurin was born in 1634 in Rossay, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France. On 10 April 1657, the notary, Abel Cherbonnier, drew up a contract in La Rochelle between Mathurin and Francois Perron. Mathurin was to work for Mr. Perron for a period of three years at 84 livres per year in New France. He received 35 livres in advance.1 On or about 10 April 1657, Mathurin & his brother Laurent left La Rochelle aboard the ship "the Taureau", captained by Elie Tadourneau.. They arrived at Quebec on the 21st of June.2,1 A contract was drawn up by notary Saverin Ameau, for the marriage of Mathurin and Marie-Madeleine Vienne. It was signed on 10 May 1663 in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada. It was noted that he was the son of the late Vincent Gouin and Charlotte Galtier. He stated that he was a cooper from Angliers. It also noted that Marie Madeleine was baptised on 20 January 1650 at Trois-Riveres, the daughter of Etienne Vien and Marie Denot..1 Mathurin married Marie-Madeleine Vienne, daughter of Etienne Vienne and Marie Deneau, on 20 November 1663 in Trois-Rivieres at the Cathedral de l'Assomption.3 1666, Mathurin and Marie-Madeleine were listed on the Canadian Census in Trois-Rivieres. Enumerated in this household were Mathurin Gouin [38 years], Madeleine Vien 15 years]. He was a cooper.4 1667, Mathurin and Marie-Madeleine were listed on the Canadian Census in Comte-de-Champlain, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Mathurin Gouin [30 years, Marie-Madeleine [17 years] & a servant, Henri Hunne [22 years].5 1681, Mathurin and Marie-Madeleine were listed on the Canadian Census in Ste-Anne-de-La-Perade, Champlain County, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Mathurin Gouin [47 years], Magdalene Vien [32 years], Pierre [2 years], Joseph [10 years], Thomas [14 years] & a servant: Henri Hunne [37 years]. He owned 4 guns, 12 cattle & 20 acres of land.6 Mathurin departed this life between 5 February 1705 and 12 February 1720 in Ste-Anne-de-La-Perade. He was noted as lliving at the marriage of his son, Pierre, and deceased on his son, Louis-Mathurin's marriage record.
|Marie-Madeleine Vienne b. c 20 Jan 1650, d. 1 Jan 1728|
- [S506] Note: https://www.familysearch.org/service/records/storage/…
- [S1952] Quebec, Quebec Federation of Genealogical Societies, Family Origins, 1621-1865: Mathurein Gouin - Number 241854 - Researched by Jean Marie Germe and Lise Dandonneau. - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKDB-HQ9V : 25.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 20 November 1663 - Mathurin Goin, son of Vincent Goin & Charlotte Gaultier; and Marie Vien, daughter of the late Etienne Vien & Marie Denot; at the parish of l'Assomption, Trois Rivieres. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 96172.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 96285.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97390.