M, b. circa 1670, d. 8 September 1737
Jillis was born circa 1670 in New York. He was the son of Douw Jillise Fonda & Rebecca.1 Circa 1670, he was christened in Schenectady, Schenectady County, New York, at the Reformed Dutch Church.2 Jillis married Rachel Pieterse Winne, daughter of Pieter Winne and Tannetje Adams, on 11 December 1695 in Albany, Albany County, New York, at the Reformed Dutch Church.3,4 Jillis was a gunsmith in Schenectady in 1700. Jillis's wife, Rachel, died on 10 June 1727 in Schenectady, Schenectady County, New York, leaving him a widower.5 Jillis departed this life on Sunday, 8 September 1737 in Schenectady, Schenectady County, New York.6
|Rachel Pieterse Winne b. c 1677, d. 10 Jun 1727|
- [S533] The People of Colonial Albany: A Community History Project: Jillis - Parents: Douw Jillise Fonda & Rebecca. - /www.nysm.nysed.gov/albany/index.html.
- [S521] Schenectady Reformed Dutch Church Christening Records, __ __ 167_ - Jillis; parents: Douw Jillise Fonda & Rebecca.
- [S531] Albany Reformed Dutch Church Marriage Records: 11 December 1695 - Jillis Fondaa, ym liv NA & Rachel Winne, yd liv NA.
- [S522] Schenectady Reformed Dutch Church Marriage Records, 11 December 1695 - Jillis, son of Douw Jillise of Albany & Rachel Winne, dau. of Pieter Winne of Albany.
- [S523] Robb Ellis, The Epic of New York City, Rachel died 10 June 1727.
- [S533] The People of Colonial Albany: A Community History Project: Jillis Fonda died 8 September 1737 - /www.nysm.nysed.gov/albany/index.html.