M, b. 28 December 1560, d. 18 August 1623
|Father||Edwin Sandys I, Archbishop of York b. 1516, d. 10 Jul 1588|
|Mother||Cicely Wilford b. c 1534, d. 5 Feb 1611|
4,5 On 1 January 1561, he was christened in Hartlebury, Worcestershire, England. His Godparents were Clement Throckmorton, Esquire, Jhon Pedder, Deane of Worcester & Anne Borrowe.3 He was educated at the M.erchant Tailors' School where he graduated in 1571 & the Middle Temple in 1579. Samuel married Mercy Culpepper circa 1586 in Southwell, Nottinghamshire, England. Samuel inherited from his father the Manor of Ombersley in the Worcestershire. He purchased Wickhamford with money of his wife. He was a Member of Parliament for Ripon 1586-1587 & for Worcestershire 1609-1611. He was knighted at Whitehall 23 July 1603. He also became a member & shareholder of the Virginia Company in 1612. He became sheriff of Worcestershire in 1618 & again a Member of Parliament there in 1614 & 1621-1622.6,7,3 Samuel departed this life on Friday, 18 August 1623 in Wickhamford, Worcestershire, England. He was buried in Wickhamford, Worcestershire, England, in St. John the Baptist Church.
|Mercy Culpepper d. b 8 Mar 1629|
- [S63] Rebecca [Peck] Dusenbery, Peck, Adams and Allied Families, Genealiogical & Biographical.
- [S1845] J. Hall Pleasants, The Lovelace Family & Its Connections, pages 23.
- [S1847] The Sandys Family at Wickhamford - 222.badsey.net/wickhamford/sandys.pdf.
- [S1847] The Sandys Family at Wickhamford: Bible Record of Edwin & Cicely Sandys - Samuel Sandes was borne the xxviii day of december at 3 of the clock in the morninge in the year of our Lord God 1560 - Godfathers: Clement Throckmorton, esquire, Jhon Pedder, Deane of Worcester & Godmother: Anne Borrowe - 222.badsey.net/wickhamford/sandys.pdf.
- [S506] Note: From the early 13th centry to 2007, Hartlebury Castle was the residence of the Bishop of Worcester.
- [S1846] Member of Parliament.
- [S1845] J. Hall Pleasants, The Lovelace Family & Its Connections.