F, d. before 9 January 1731
Mary was born in Town of Hempstead, Long Island, New Netherlands. She was the daughter of Thomas Ellison and Martha Champion.1,2 Mary married George Baldwin Jr., son of George Baldwin and Abigail Sweet, in 1678 in Hempstead Town, Queens County, Long Island, New York.3 31 August 1698, George and Mary and her husband, [ROF:Hempstead Town] were listed on the Hempstead Town Census. Enumerated in this household were George Baldwin, Mary, --ll, Ell-, Thomas, Mary, George, Joseph, Phebe, Martha.4 It is assumed Mary died before 9 January 1731 as she was not mentioned in her husband's will that he wrote on that day.5
- [S119] Herbert Furman Seversmith, Colonial Families of Long Island, New York & Connecticut, page 197 - Mary was the daughter of Thomas Ellison and Martha Champion.
- [S1186] Amos Canfield, Abstracts of Early Wills of Queens Co., N.Y., Recorded in Libers A & C of Deeds, Pgs. 114-120, page 246 - Abstract of the will of Thomas Ellison dated: 7 April 1697 - he is of Hempstead. He mentions his wife, Martha, his daughter, Mary Baldwin, and other children.
- [S119] Herbert Furman Seversmith, Colonial Families of Long Island, New York & Connecticut, page 198 - He married about 1680 to Mary Ellison... She is not, as has been mistakenly asserted, the Mary Demison, wife of George Baldwin who appears in the Town Records of Huntington and Babylon, vol. I, p. 124. The latter was a wife of George Baldwin Senior.
- [S183] Hemry Bainbridge Hoff, Long Island Source Records From the New Yow York Biographical & Genealogical Record.
- [S119] Herbert Furman Seversmith, Colonial Families of Long Island, New York & Connecticut, Mary was living in 1704, but had died before the date of her husbands will 9 January 1731.