F, b. circa 1670
|Father||John Barlow II b. c 1642, d. b 6 Mar 1690/91|
|Mother||Abigail Lockwood b. c 1647, d. c 1690|
Abigail was born circa 1670 in Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut. Abigail married Jonathan Rowland I, son of Henry Rowland and Rebecca (?), on 28 January 1690 in Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut.3 She and Jonathan were blessed with 2 children. Abigail's husband, Jonathan, died before 17 November 1691 in Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut, leaving her a widow. Abigail married 2nd Samuel Denton in 1693.4 She and Samuel were blessed with 11 children.5 31 August 1698, Abigail and Samuel and her husband, [ROF:Hempstead Town] were listed on the Hempstead Town Census. Enumerated in this household were Samuel Denton, Abigail, Samuel, Jonathan Rawlin, Abigail Rawlin, Ruth Denton, Martha Denton, Mary Denton. Abigail's husband, Samuel, died before 16 February 1719 in Hempstead Town, Queens County, Long Island, New York, leaving her a widow.
|Jonathan Rowland I d. b 17 Nov 1691|
|Samuel Denton b. c 1665, d. b 16 Feb 1719|
- [S80] Donald Lines Jacobus, History and Genealogy of The Families of Old Fairfield, Volume I: page 27-31 - John Barlow, son of John married Abigail, d/o Robert & Susanna Lockwood. His will was dated 28 January 1690/1691, inventory 6 March 1690/91. John & Abigail had children: John b. ca. 1668; Abigail; Joseph; Deborah b. ca. 1675 d. 4 Dec 1726; Elizabeth b. 11 May 1677 m. Jerimiah Fowler; Ruth m. John Moorehouse; Samuel b. ca 1682. Their daughter Abigail married Jonathan Rowland d. 1691 m. 2nd Samuel Denton of Hempstead.
- [S245] PhD. Walter Krumm, "Descendants of the Rev. Richard Denton."
- [S80] Donald Lines Jacobus, History and Genealogy of The Families of Old Fairfield, page 29 - Abigail, m. (1) Jonathan Rowland, d. 1691.
- [S80] Donald Lines Jacobus, History and Genealogy of The Families of Old Fairfield, page 29 - Abigail m. (2) Samuel Denton, of Hempstead, L. I.
- [S984] Long Island Genealogy, Denton Family, Samuel Denton & Abigail Barlow had children: Ruth [11/10/1693], John [7/16/1695-bef 1698], Mary [1/09/1698], Martha [1/98/1698], John [1/16/1700], Deborah [9/10/1701], twin [4/21/1704], Joseph [7/12/1707], Ceziah [ca 1707], Jemina [8/05/1709] & Ann [4/27/1712].