M, b. circa 28 June 1612, d. before 1650
|Father||Henry Tuthill I b. c 1580, d. b 26 Mar 1618|
|Mother||Alice Gooch b. c 1588|
Henry was born in Tharston, County Norfolk, England. He was christened there on 28 June 1612 in St. Mary's Church.6 About 1634, he & Bridget immigrated to the Massachusetts Bay Colony. Henry married Bridget _____ in 1634 in County Norfolk. In 1635, they setted at Hingham, Massachusetts, He had a planting lot at Broad Cove, and a house lot in 1637. Henry was Freeman in March, 1638, and Constable in 1640. He removed to Southold before 1642, serving there as Constable that year, but his property in Hingham was not sold until 20 June 1644. He spent the remainder of his life in Southold. Henry departed this life before 1650 in the Town of Southold.7
|Bridget _____ d. b 31 May 1654|
- [S125] Alva M. Tuttle, Tuttle & Tuthill Lines in America.
- [S342] Wayland Jefferson, Southold Town, Suffolk County, Long Island, New York, page 32 - HENRY TUTHILL - Of Tharston, England, and Hingham, Mass., b. 1612 and m. Bridget -, who came to America with him, and m. 2nd William Wells. Henry and Bridget Tuthill had issue: John-2; Elizabeth-2 m. William Johnson; Nathaniel who went to New Jersey; Daniel-2.
- [S344] Josephine C Frost, Ancestors of James Wickham and his Wife Cora Prudence Billard, page 101 - HENRY TUTHILL, son of Henry and Alice (Gooch) Tuthill, was baptized in St. Mary's Church, Tharston, England, June 28, 1612, and married in England, Bridget, maiden name not known. She came to New England with him and they located at Broad Cove, Hingham, Mass., in 1635, had a house lot there in 1637 and in 1640 he served the town as its Constable. He removed to Southold before 1642, serving there as Constable that year, according to Mather, but his property in Hingham was not sold until June 20, 1644. He died in Southold prior to 1650, his wife surviving and marrying second, William Wells of that place, but was deceased before 1654.
Issue : John, Elizabeth, Nathaniel (?), Daniel.
- [S1326] Charles B Moore, Shipwrights, Fishermen and Passengers from England, page 152 - A small parchment-covered volume at London, marked “A. D. 1637, 13 Car. I,” contains a record of persons “desirous to pass beyond seas.” It has but sixteen written leaves, and is much taken up with names of persons going to Holland. It says: “Isaac Wrighte,” of Norwich, a single man, was desirous “to go to Layden in Holland, there to inhabit.” He was probably the same man who afterward appeared at Hingham, Mass.,with Henry Tuthill. The later came with his wife, Bridget, to Southold, L. I. , and died soon, his wife, Bridget, becoming the wife of the first William Wells, of Southold.
- [S345] Lucy Dubois Akerly, The Tuthill family of Tharston, Norfolk County, England and Southold, Suffolk County, New York:, Page 4 - Henry Tuthill (Henry1), of Tharston, England, and Hingham, Mass., bapt. 28 June, 1612, m. in England, Bridget __________, who came with him to America, survived him, and m., 2nd, William Wells, Gent., of Southold. Lincoln's History of Hingham says Henry Tuthill had a planting lot at Broad Cove in 1635, and a house lot in 1637. Cushing's MSS. states that Henry Tuthill and his wife came from Norfolkshire, and settled in New Hingham in 1637. Henry was a freeman in March, 1638, and Constable in 1640. He sold his lot in Hingham 20 June, 1644, and doubtless came to Southold. Savage states that both Henry and Bridget died before 1650.
- [S345] Lucy Dubois Akerly, The Tuthill family of Tharston, Norfolk County, England and Southold, Suffolk County, New York:, page 4.
- [S345] Lucy Dubois Akerly, The Tuthill family of Tharston, Norfolk County, England and Southold, Suffolk County, New York:.