M, b. July 1646, d. 24 May 1703
|Father||Jules Trottier b. 1591, d. c 10 May 1655|
|Mother||Catherine Loiseau b. 1596, d. c 28 Jan 1656|
Jean-Baptiste was born in July 1646 while aboard the ship that was bringing his family from France to their new home in Quebec.1 On 27 September 1646, he was christened in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada, at the Basilica of Notre Dame.2 1666, the Canadian Census listed Jean-Baptiste living in the home of his brother in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Julien Trottier [30 years] Marie Sedillot [20 years], Elisabeth [2 years], his brother: Jean-Baptist [20 years] & servant: Antoine Lescuyer [18 years].3 A contract for the marriage of Jean-Baptiste and Genevieve Lafond was signed on 24 June 1667 in Quebec, Canada. This was drawn up by their notary, Severin Ameau. It noted that he was a resident of Cap-de-la-Madeleine and his parents as the late Julien Trottier & the late Catherine Loiseau. It also notes Genevieve as the daughter of the late Etienne de la Fond; at Quebec.4 1667, Jean-Baptiste was listed on the Canadian Census in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Jean Trottier [21 years], Laurent Huet [33 years], Michel Fizet [24 years], Jeanne Dodier [20 years], Jeanne Jolliet [7 months] & servants: Francois Hazonneau [40 years] & Pierre Comptant [27 years].5 1681, Jean-Baptiste and Genevieve were listed on the Canadian Census in Batiscan, Les Chenaux County, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Jean Trottier [38 years], Genevieve de la Fon [30 years], Marie [13 years], Madeleine [11 years], Catherine [7 years], Jean [5 years], Marguerite [3 years] & Francoise [1 year].6 Jean-Baptiste departed this life on Thursday, 24 May 1703 in Batiscan at age 56 years and 10 months. He was buried there in the churchyard of St-Francois Xavier on Friday, 25 May 1703.7
- [S1610] The First Trottiers in Qurebec.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Baptism: 27 September 1646 - Jean-Baptiste Trotier, age of 2 months; son of Jules Trotier & Catherine Loiset; sponsors: Jean-Baptiste Legardeur & Marguerite Legardeur wife of Barthelemy Vimont; at the parish of Notre-Dame, Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 96162.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Marriage Contract Number 94290.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97078.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97357.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 25 May 1703 - Jean-Baptiste Trottier, died yesterday at around the age of 57 years; present: Jean de la Fond & Nicolas Rivard; at Batiscan. - www.genealogiequebec.com.