- [S227] Dr. Kenneth Scott, "The Vredenburg Family," New York Genelogical & Biographical Volume 95 (April 1964): pages 79-86.
- [S243] John B. Pine, "James Pyne [Pine] of Hempstead, Long Island, and some of His Descendants," The New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume XLIII: no. 1 (January 1912): pages 1-7 - states James Pyne christend 4 June 1608 in Woodbury, Devonshire, England, son of William & Mary Pyne. He marries September 1630 Edith Willams in Tauton.
On 17 April 1685, Govenor Dungan granted new charter to the town & James Pine is named as one of the patentees. He states his death as 1686 with will naming his eleven children.
- [S244] Anita A. Lustenberger, "The Pine Family of Kings Street, Rye, New York and Greenwich, Connecticut," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume 125: no. 4 [October 1994] pages 204-213; Volume 126 No. 1 [January 1995] pages 60-66; Volume 126 No. 2 [April 1995] pages 117-121 John B. Pine was not aware of a death bed will of Samuel Pine made in 1695 in which he names sons Samuel, James & Joseph and appoints his widow Rachel as his executtrix.
- [S245] PhD. Walter Krumm, ""Descendants of the Rev. Richard Denton"
," New York Genealogical & Biographical Recorods Volumes 120-122 [1989-1991]: page 164 [July 1989] - "Samuel-3 Denton, Jr. (Samuel-2, Rev. Richard-1), born say 1665 in Hempstead, Long Island, was the oldest child in a large family and the father of a family equally large. ...
Samuel-3 married second between 1692 and 1697 in Hempstead to Abigail
(Barlow) Rowland. Abigail was born 1671 to John and Abigail (Lockwood)
Barlow of Fairfield, CT and married Johnathan Rowland there say 1688.
...In addition to his will, lists of the members of Samuel's large family fortunately survive from two other documents, the 1698 Hempstead census and the book with family history noted above, which gives birthdates for all but one of the children. Chilren of Samuel and Abigail (Barlow)(Rowland) Denton, all born in Hempstead: Ruth b. 10 Nov. 1693, living 1698; nothing more known. John b. say 1695, d. before 1698 census, Mary twin 9 Jan 1697/8 m. Benjamin Smith, Martha twin " " m. Jonah Halstead in Tappan, NY, John b. 12 Jan 1699/70, Deborah b. 18[10?]Sep 1701 m Joseph Carman, sons Samuel b. 21 Sep 1722, Josh b 25 Aug 1724.
Joseph 9 May 1705
Ceziah b 12 July 1707
Jemina b 5 Aug 1707 will proved 24 July 1734 daugh Deborah
Ann b 27 Apr 1712.
- [S246] Iroquois Theater Fire, The Detroit Free Press, Detroit, Michigan (31 December 1903-5 January 1904),.
- [S247] Iroquois Theater Fire, Chicago Daily Tribune, Chicago, Illinois (compilation of articles 30 December 1903-5 January 1904
- [S256] Charles R. Stark., The Aaron Stark Family - Seven Generations of the Descendants of Aaron Stark of Groton, Connecticut, (Wright & Potter, Boston, Massachusetts -1927),.
- [S263] Portrait & Biographical Album of Oakland County, Michigan, (Chicago: Chapman Brothers, 1891),.
- [S268] William Aspinwall
., A Volume Relating To The Early History Of Boston: Containing The Aspinwall Notarial Records From 1644 To 1651
, (Boston Municipal Printing Office: 1903),.
- [S269] Royal R. Hinman., A Catalogue of the Names of the Early Puritan Settlers of the Colony of Connecticut; with the Time of their arrival in the Country and Colony, Their Standing in Society, Place of Residence, Condition in Life, Where From. Business, &C., Aa Far as is Found on Record. Collected From Records, Royal R. Hinman, of Hartford., (Hartford: Press of Case, Tiffany & Company. 1852
- [S281] Clarence Almon Torrey, "The Early Ludlum and Related Families of Oyster Bay, New York," The American Genealogist
Volume XIV (1937
): It shows Elizabeth was married to Henry Ludlum.
- [S282] D.C. Herbert F. Smith of Washington, "John Strickland of Long Island and His Son-in-laws," The American Genealogist Volume XII pages 197-199 - speaks of two Jonas Woods who came from the same place & settled the same. Jonas, son of Henry Wood & Prudence Atkinson of Sowerby, Parish of Halifax, Yorkshire, England and Jonas, son of Edmund Wood & Martha Lum of Shelff, Parish of Halifax, Yorkshire, England.
- [S283] Matthew Wood, "Jonas Wood of "Halifax" of Huntington, Long Island," The New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume 123 (April 1992): pages 79-82 - notes article written by Walter Wood & later material published by Herbert Seversmith. --.
- [S284] Matthew Wood, "Jonas Wood "Halifax" Huntington, Long Island," The New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume 123 (July 1992): page 135.
- [S312] Church of the Latter Day Saints
, Ancestral File, Church of the Latter Day Saints,.
- [S332] Robert Coggeshall., The Coggeshall in England, (www.coggeshall.net/eng.htm),.
- [S377] Bertha W. Clark, Richard Kirby of Sandwich, Dartmouth, & Oyster Bay (10 Jamaicaway, Boston 30 Massachusetts: January 1955),.
- [S389] William Nelson Clark, Parochial Topography of the Hundred of Wanting (1824),.
- [S529] Kingston Reformed Dutch Church Christenings.
- [S530] Kingston Reformed Dutch Church Marriage Records.
- [S614] Sussex Wills & Administrations in the District Probate Registry at Lewes, County Sussex, England
Sussex Wills & Administrations in the District Probate Registry at Lewes, County Sussex, England.
- [S616] Records of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury.
- [S618] Stoughton., History of the County of Sussex, http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?compid=41720
- [S636] Certificate of Marriage - transcribed by Larry & Kathy McCurdy.
- [S727] John B. Pine, "James Pyne of Hempstead, Long Island," The New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume XLIII: (January 1912):.
- [S828] Bertha W. Clark, Richard Kirby of Sandwich, Dartmough and Oyster Bay
(Boston, Massachusetts: 1955),.
- [S930] Rovert A. Hallam, Annuals of St James Church, New London: for one hundred fifty years (Hartford, Connecticutt,Church Press: 1873),.
- [S931] Richard Henry Greene, "Christophers Family," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record LI (1920): 151.
- [S933] "Will of John Braddick Junior," longislandgenealogy.com.
- [S960] Rosalie Bailey, "An Excursus into the Smiths of Jamaica, Huntington & Brooklyn," Genealogies of Long Island Families 1600's-1800's.
- [S984] Long Island Genealogy, Denton Family, longislandgenealogy.com/Surname_Pages/denton.htm,.
- [S1009] The Bassett Family Associarion of America
(New Haven, Connecticut: Price, Lee & Adkins Co. 1897),.
- [S1042] "Robert Bassett," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume No. 3 (July 1929):.
- [S1177] "Records of the 1st & 2nd Presbyterian Churches of the City of New York," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume 20, Number 4 (April 1883): pages 177-181.
- [S1440] Descendants and Antecedents of Dr. Wayne Smith & Elizabeth Bell and Richard Alfred Bury & Elida Maud Morden.
- [S1441] Theresa Hall Bristol, "Westchester County, NY, Miscellanea," New York Genelaogical and Biographical Record Volume 54 Number 4 (October 1923): pages 392-400.
- [S1443] Donald Lines Jocobus, "Stamford (Conn) Probate Records," The American Genealogist Volume 10 Number 1 (January 1934): pages 174-183 - http://www.americanancestors.org/PageDetail.aspx
- [S1445] Diane Rapaport, "Tales from the Courthouse - Drinking with the Drummer," New England Ancestry Volume 9.1 (Winter 2008): pages 57-58 - http://www.americanancestors.org/PageDetail.aspx
- [S1455] Harry Macy Jr., "The Family of Daniel Whitehead: A Century and a Half of Fact and Fiction," New York Genelaogical and Biographical Record Volume 131 Number 4 (October 2000): Pages 263-275 - http://elibrary.newyorkfamilyhistory.org/cdm4/document.php
- [S1463] "Stamford (Conn.) Town Records Volume 1," The American Genealogist Volume 10 Number 1 (July 1933): pages 40-45.
- [S1464] Donald Lines Jacobus, "Editor's Note," The American Genealogist Volume 36 Number 1 (January 1960): pages 63-64.
- [S1672] Family Data Collection - Marriages - www.ancestry.com.
- [S1678] "Ralph Veville, 1st Earl of Westmorland," Wikipedia.
- [S1807] Barara R. Holden, "Manchester, Strawberries & the Sea," The Essex Genealogist Volume 19, number 4 (November 1999): pages 201-203.
- [S1808] David Goss, "Old Planters of Beverly," The Essex Genealogist Volume 19 Number 3 (August 1999): pages 123- 130 - www.americanancestors.org.
- [S1830] William Edwin Selleck, Selleck Memorial With Collateral Connections (Chicago: 1916 [Printed Privately]),.
- [S1832] Thoma Wotton, The English Baronetage: Containing A Genealogical and Historical Account of All The English Baronets, Now Existing ... (London: 1741),.
- [S1833] Esquire John Burke, A General and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage And Baronetage of the British Empire (London: Richard Bentley, New Burlington Street, 1883),.
- [S1839] "Registration of Pedigrees Sandys," New York Genealogical & Biographical Record Volume 43, number 3 (July 1912): page 293.
- [S1843] Cambridge Alumni Database.