M, b. 1 January 1647, d. 3 May 1699
|Father||Toussaint Samson d. c 19 May 1659|
|Mother||Catherine Chevalier b. 19 Aug 1607, d. 5 Mar 1662|
Jacques was born on Tuesday, 1 January 1647 in Saint-Gatien-des-Bois, Lisieux, Calvados, Normandy, France. He was christened on the same day there in St-Gatien Church.1 Before immigrating to Quebec, Jacques signed a contract to work for Gervais Bisson.2 1666, Jacques was listed on the Canadian Census in Sillery, ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Gervais Buisson [65 years], Marie Laireau [43 years], Antoine [20 years], Simone-Barbe [11 years], Marie [8 years], Jeean-Francois [5 years] & laborer under contract: Jacques Samson [19 years].3 Jacques married Marie-Anne Metru on 26 November 1671 in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada, at the Basilica of Notre Dame.4 1681, Jacques and Marie-Anne were listed on the Canadian Census in Comte-de-Levis, Quebec, Canada. Enumerated in this household were Jacques Samson [34 years], Marie Metru [25 years], Jean [9 years], Marie [8 years], Ignace [5 years], Charles-Louis [2 years] and servants: Olive [17 years] & Jean [24 years].5 Jacques departed this life on Sunday, 3 May 1699 in Pointe-de-Levy, Lauzon, Levis County, Quebec, Canada, at age 52 years, 4 months and 2 days. He was buried there in the cemetery of St-Joseph on Monday, 4 May 1699.6
|Marie-Anne Metru b. c 1656, d. 26 Mar 1731|
- [S1952] Quebec, Quebec Federation of Genealogical Societies, Family Origins, 1621-1865: Jacques Samson - 243732 - Researched by Emile Vaillancourt, Claude Chicherie, Guy Brunet & Lise Dandanneau. - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKDB-HQ9V : 25.
- [S1614] Fichier origine: Reference: La Conquete du Canada par les Normands by Emile Vaillancort (1933 edition) - Volume: 3, page 86. - www.fishierorigine.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 26 November 1671 - Jacques Sanson, son of Toussaint Sanson & Catherine Chevalier; and Marie-Anne Metru, daughter of Claude Metru & Jeanne Crissot; at the parish of Notre-Dame, Quebec - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 97552.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Burial: 4 May 1699 - Jacques Samson, died yestereday at around the age of 44 years; present: Louis Begin, Simon Rochon; at the parish of St-Joseph, Pointe-de-Levy, Lauzon. - www.genealogiequebec.com.