F, b. circa 4 April 1643, d. between 20 March 1688 and 10 November 1710
|Father||Louis Sedilot b. 1600, d. 25 Jan 1672|
|Mother||Marie Grimoult b. 1606, d. a 25 Jan 1682|
Marguerite was born in ville de Quebec, Quebec, Canada. She was christened there on 4 April 1643 in the Basilica of Notre Dame.1 Marguerite married Jean Aubuchon on 19 September 1654 in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada, at the Cathedral de l'Assomption. On 28 November 1654, or shortly thereafter, their marriage was annulled since Marguerite had not reahed 12 years of age.2,3 They married again on 12 April 1655 at the Basilica of Notre Dame, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.4 Jean & Marguerite had children: Mederic [8/07/1660-1666], Jean [9/28/1661-9/18/1687][m. 3/18/1687 Marguerite Cusson], Joseph [3/19/1664-1/17/1749][m. 3/20/1688 Elisabeth Isabelle Cusson], Jacques [6/18/1666-1/02/1757][m. 11/11/1687 Marie Philippe Etienne & 2nd 2/05/1730 Catherine Godefroy], Gabriel [1/31/1669-12/123/1670], Marie [1/18/1671-4/13/1746][m. 9/20/1698 Rene-Philipe Etienne Durivage & 2nd 4/13/1711 Maurice Lacharite], Marguerite [3/25/1673-5/31/1741][m. 9/22/1689 Jean Cusson & 2nd 5/27/1720 Pierre Voisin], Marie-Madeline [3/05/1675-3/06/1675], Child [3/05/1675-3/05/1675], Marie Francoise [3/24/1677-6/05/1746][m. 2/15/1694 Jacques Archambault], Elisabeth [11/30/1678-12/31/1678], Gabriel [12/25/1679-7/14/1703],Marie Angelique [9/20/1681-11/16/1702] & Marie-Madeline [2/13/16841/25/1760][11/10/1710 Pierre Janot dit Lachapelle].5 1667, Marguerite and her husband, Jean, were listed on the Canadian Census in Montreal. Enumerated in this household were Jean Aubuchon [35 years], Marguerite Sedillot [24 years], Jean [6 years], Joseph [3 years], Jacques [1 years] & servant: Pierre Jofriau [33 years].6 1681, Marguerite and her husband, Jean, were listed on the Canadian Census in Montreal. Enumerated in this household were Jean Aubuchon [45 years], Marguerite Sedillot [30 years], Jean [20 years], Joseh [18 years], Jacques [15 years], Marie [11 years], Marguerite [8 years], Francoise [5 years], Gabriel [2 years] & Angelique [1 month].7 Marguerite's husband, Jean, died on 3 December 1685 in Montreal leaving her a widow.8 Marguerite married 2nd Pierre Lusseaut on 10 February 1687 in Montreal at the Basilica of Notre Dame.9 Marguerite departed this life between 20 March 1688 and 10 November 1710. The marriage date of her son Jean when she was present and the marriage of her daughter Marie Madeleine where she noted as deceased.5
|Jean Aubuchon b. c 1632, d. 3 Dec 1685|
|Pierre Lusseaut b. c 1640|
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Baptism: 4 April 1643 - Marguerite Sedilot, daughter of Louis Sedilot & Marie Grimou; sponsors: Jean Guitet & Marie Le Barbier; at Notre Dame de Quebec. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 19 September 1654 - Marguerite Sedilot, daughter of Louis Sedilot & Marie Grimon; and Jean Aubuchon, originally from the parish of St-Remi, Dieppe, son of the late Jean Aubuchon & Anne Gille; at the parish of L'Assomption, Trois-Rivieres. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: 28 November 1654 - the next record after this date, is dated 19 September 1654, recording Jean Aubuchon and Marguerite Sedilot, who were married on that date. A word that appears to be nullification appears in the record.
It is thought that the document is saying that Marguerite's parents had kept quiet about Marguerite not having attained the age of 12 years. Therefore the marriage was nullified. - www.genealogiequebec.com.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Marriage: 12 April 1655 - Marguerite Sdilo, daughter of Louis Sdilo & Marie Grimoust; and Jean Aubuchon, originally from the parish of St-Jacques, Dieppe, son of the late Jean Aubuchon & Anne Gille; at the parish of L'Assomption, Trois-Rivieres. It notes in the record that this ceremony was a "rehabilitation" of the marriage performed by Father Leonard Garreau on 19 September 1654 in Trois-Rivieres.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Family Certificate Number 867.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 96648.
- [S1598] Research Program In Historical Demography: Census Certificate Number 98043.
- [S506] Note: Jean Aubuchon, Sieur of LesPerance (a self confessed adulterer) was assassinated in his bed. Jean's wife Marguerite Sedilot accused her own lover of the deed, but he was acquitted. The three year trial took place in Montréal in the 1680's. [Courtesy of Janet Manseau 4/23/2011.]
- [S1596] Drouin Institute: Marriage: 10 February 1687 - Marguerite Sedilot, widow of Jean Aubuchon; and Pierre Lusseaut, originally from the parish of St-Francois, Ville-de-St-Jean-de-Angely, Bishopric of Xaintes; son of Michel Lusseaut & Renee Vrileau; at Notre-Dame, Montreal. - www.genealogiequebec.com.