M, b. 16 December 1677
|Father||Marten Ryertszen b. 23 Nov 1637, d. c 1687|
|Mother||Annetje Rapalje b. b 11 Feb 1646|
Jacob was born before 16 December 1677 at Flatbush, in the Town of Brooklyn, Kings County, Long Island, New York. On 16 December 1677, he was christened at Flatbush, in the Rown of Brooklyn, Kings County, Long Island, New York, at the Dutch Reformed Church. His sponsors were Jeronymus Rapelje & Louise van Zuren.3 Jacob married Styntje (?) circa 1699 at Kings County, Long Island, New York. Jacob resided in Flatbush on land he received from his faher. He was a farmer. On 31 August 1720, Jacob & Stynje witness the baptism of Jenneke, the daughter of Frans Reyerson & his wife, Jenneke Dy. Frans was Jacob's brother.4
|Styntje (?) b. c 1681|
- [S980] Louis Johnes Ryerson, The Genealogy of the Ryerson Family in America 1646-1902, page 11 - Jacob Reyersen, son of Marten & Annetje Rapalje, baptized: 27 December 1677
page 12 - Jacobus [Jacob], their 7th child, was born or baptized 27 December 1677, he married Syntje - . He resided at Flatbush, and was a constable there 1698. Had 3 children: Jacob of the Wallabout, Annetje [bap. 16 July 1702] & Gertje [bap. 22 May 1706][m. Hendrick Suydam].
- [S981] Albert Winslow Ryerson, The Ryerson Genealogy
, pages 7-8 - JACOBUS RYERSON,2 (Martini), son of Martin and Annetje (Rapelje) Ryerson, was bap. Dec. 27, 1677, in the Reformed Dutch Church of Brooklyn. Witnessed by Jeronimus Rapelje and the wife of Dominie Van Zuren. He d. circa 1749. Mr. Ryerson resided at Flatbush, L. I., now a part of Brooklyn, and was a farmer on the extensive plantation of his father, which then covered a good share of what is now the city of Brooklyn.
Jacobus Ryerson m., it is supposed, Syntje Lott, as we find that one Gertye Lott (probably the child's aunt), was witness with Cornelius Mar-tense (Ryerson) at baptism of Jacobus and Syntje Ryerson's daughter, " Geertje." Their children were:
I. ANTJE, bap. July 16, 1702. She may have m., first, Harmen Andriesse, for on Oct. 13, 1742, we find a record of one Harmen Andriesse and Antje Reyerse, his wife, as sponsors at bap. of child, Harmen, son of Peter Loosie and Antje Andriesse. She m. (sup.) as a second husband, John Dumont, b. Aug. 29, 1701; d. 1760. He was son of Peter Dumont and Femmetje Tuenise Van Middlewout, dau. of Jan Teunissen. John and Antje had sons:
HI. ABRAHAM DUMONT.
16. II. MARTIN, bap. Oct. 7, 1704; d. Oct. 12, 1778; m. Elizabeth Remsen. GEERTJE, bap. May 22, 1706 (or 1707), in Brooklyn, as dau. of Jacob Martense (Ryerson) and Syntje, his wife. Sponsors, Cornelius Martense (Ryerson) and Geertje Lott. She d. Dec. 7, 1770; m. Hendrick Suydam, b. Dec. 3, 1706; d. June 16, 1768. Resided on, or near, the Suydam homestead at Bedford, L. I. Issue:
HENDRICK SUYDAM, b. 1732; d. July 8, 1805; M. July 15, 1753, Rebecca Emmons, b. 1729; d. Oct. 25, 1757.
JACOB SUYDAM, b. Feb. 3, 1740; d. July 27, 1811; m. April 14, 1764, Elizabeth Leacroft and resided at Bushwick.
CHRISTIAN SUYDAM, b. 1735; d. unm.
LAMBERT SUYDAM, b. Aug. 3o, 1743; d. April x, 1833; M. April ro, 176o, a
third cousin of the Martense line, Sarah Hegeman, b. 1744; d. July 28, 1754.
She d. and he m., second, on Sept. 20, 1785, Anna, widow of Capt. Barent
Johnson, who d. Oct. 26, 1793. Resided at Bedford, L. I. (or the Wallabout).
IV. JAN (or John), bap. Oct. 9; d. y.
17. V. JAN (or John), bap. Dec. it, 1715; m. Antje Voorhees.
JACOB (a supposed son only).
JANNETJE, bap. Feb. 29, 1721; m. June 22, 1745, Peter Loosie, Loisa, or Lozier. Issue:
1. SYNTJE LOOSIE, bap. Feb. 15, 1749.
II. PETRUS LOOSIE, bap. June 29, 1752.
SYNTJE, bap. Sept. 22, 1722; m. Constyn Colneck.
- [S979] Flatbush Reformed Dutch Church Christening Records, 1677 December 26 - Marten Ryersz, Annetje Jorisen; Jacobus; Jeronymus Rapelje, Louise van Zuren.
- [S518] New Amsterdam Reformed Dutch Church Christening Records, 1720 Aug 21- Frans Reyerson, Jenneke Dy; Jenneke; Jacob Reyerse, Styntje Reyerse.